(19?? - 1946)
" Joseph Forget Prop. "
Embossed quart and quart with embossed collar - Denis Morin
Embossed pint - Olivier Denis
Quart with embossed letters - Paul Conner
42mm cap - Danny Currie
(1927 - 19??)
" J. Forget Prop. "
Bottles - Laurier Fluet
First - Ltee. 42mm cap - Paul Conner
Second Ltd. 42mm cap - Pierre St-Amand
42mm caps - Paul Conner
42mm caps - André Daunais
First 42mm cap - Denis Morin
Second 42mm cap - André Daunais
Last 42mm cap - Steve Lussier
38mm cap - André Daunais
34mm cap - André Daunais
Aluminum cap - Pierre Simoneau
second Aluminum cap - Paul Conner
1969 calendar - Robert Benoît
F. Locas dairy token - Frank Carreira
R. Gagnon dairy token - Marcel Paquette
Uniform crest - Robert Benoît
Dairy milk crates - Denis Morin
Creamer lid - Robert Benoît
The St-Jérôme Creamery was founded in 1927 by Joseph Forget. Maybe the first name Mr. Forget used was "Laiterie Laurentienne"? At the time, milk was carried door to door in a can aboard a horse-drawn wagon. Milk was taken directly from the can to fill customer's bottles. The daily production was of an average of 25 quarts per day.
To answer to customer demand, in 1933 a new pasteurization plant was built. As the business was doing well, another expansion took place in 1939, which is the actual site of the "Casavant Dairy". Here we can talk about "Casavant Dairy" because Mr. Fernand Casavant became owner of the St-Jérôme Dairy on April 1st, 1946.
To be noted that at that time, "St-Jérôme Creamery" started to have contracts to bottle milk for other dairies like "Lemay Dairy" of Brownsburg.
Historical continued under "Casavant Dairy"