Producteurs de Montreal Dairy
(1930 - 1956)
In 1956, the "Laiterie Des Producteurs de Montréal" was acquired by The St-Laurent Dairy Farm. 56 out of the 59 milkmen stayed working for the Dairy. However, the St-Laurent Dairy Farm continued to bottle the milk on Lafontaine Street because the bottling machine on Garnier Street was unsatisfactory. That's why we can see "Lafontaine Street" on St-Laurent Dairy Farm caps. -Source : Mr. Réal Berthelet. Mr. Berthelet was member of the "Conseil d'Administration" at St-Laurent Dairy Farm (1980-1986)
Biography - Sent by Robert Caron
Delivery Truck Photo Marcel Bernier
Bottles Steve Lussier
Bottles - Steve Lussier
Quart and pint - Steve Lussier
Half pint - Danny Currie
Quart and pint - Denis Morin
1st 42mm cap - Robert Benoît
2nd 42mm cap - Dale Peacock
42mm cap - Steve Lussier
42mm cap - Paul Conner
42mm cap - Pierre St-Amand
42mm caps - Denis Morin
42mm caps - Paul Conner
42mm caps - Robert Benoît
From 1930 to 1942, the address of the Dairy is listed 3641 Lafontaine E. Mtl.
From 1943 to 1951, the address of the Dairy is listed 3641 Lafontaine E. and 7163 Christophe-Colomb.
(7163 Christoche-Colomb was a warehouse)
From 1952 to 1958, even if acquired by St-Laurent Dairy Farm in 1956,
the Dairy is listed 3641 Lafontaine E. and 1123 Jean-Talon E.
(1123 Jean-talon E. was also a warehouse)
At the same address; see " Producers Dairy". Both dairies shared the same local.
Searches : Gilles Legault
1940 ad - Pierre Cantin
Short historic required