(1928 - 1943)
Quart and pint - Christopher Sullivan
Half pint and sour cream pot - Paul Huntley
The story begins in april 1928, when Eastern Dairies was founded in order to purchase Elmhurst Dairy and two other companies in Montreal and Ottawa. In the following years, other companies and factories were purchased, including a vast operation from Toronto and amalgamated under "Acme Dairy Ltd." in 1929.
In 1931, the Eastern Dairies of Montreal was situated at 7040 Western Ave and in 1933 we can find it at 7460 Upper Lachine road and it still there untill 1943. In 1943, Eastern Dairies and all its subsidiaries were reorganized under a new name: "Dominion Dairies Limited".
Source: Quebec Dairy Tokens P. 108
1929 Annual Report, PDF Document
(Sent by Steve Lussier)