St-Alexandre Dairy
(1926 - 1963)


Biography - Sent by Robert Caron



25 years Anniversary invitation card and picture - Charles Mailloux


Christmass time at St-Alexandre Dairy - Charles Mailloux


Bottles - Steve Lussier
42mm cap - Robert Chartier




Searches and bottles : Collection Denis Morin


Advertising ruler - Charles Mailloux


Dairy can - Charles Mailloux


First 42mm cap - Gilles Legault
Second 42mm cap - Pierre St-Amand



42mm caps - Robert Benoît


42mm caps - Paul Conner


First 42mm cap - Paul Huntley
34mm cap - Dale Peacock
Last 42mm cap - Pierre St-Amand


First aluminum cap - Charles Mailloux
Amber half pint - Paul Conner
Last aluminum cap - André Daunais

St-Alexandre Dairy had two (Branches) in Montreal :

EAST Depot (1938-1959)
4375, Christophe-Colomb
Tel : LA3-1163
WEST Depot (1938-1975)
6592, Briand
Tel : 768-3313

1950 Advertisement "La Patrie" - Marcel Bernier

1951 Advertisement "Le Petit Jounal" - Robert Caron

Réal Bouthillier the son of Louis Bouthillier
Picture is from Charles Mailloux

42mm and alum. caps
Paul Conner

42mm caps
J. P. Desjardins


Four 42mm caps with letters A B C D - Pierre Gagné


42mm caps - Charles Mailloux
Milkman cap - Gaétan Mercier


34mm caps - Charles Mailloux
Milkman cap - Économusée de Charlevoix


Jacques Quintal was delivering milk at St-Alexandre Dairy
Dairy coupons - Paul Conner


Advertising penciels - Paul Conner


Laurent Bouthillier holding a milk bottle, was in charge of the equipements.
Picture is from Pierrette Bouthillier.

Historic


Under the bottles, founders initials - Charles Mailloux

In 1923, Isidore and Louis Bouthillier were distributing non pasterized milk at a rhythm of 20 gallons per day. The next year, the production passed to 200 gallons per day. In 1926, they builded a new dairy just a mille on the east side of St-Alexandre street, near the railroad. This dairy was one of the most important business of the Old Longueuil.

Later on, the management of the business was given to Laurent and Adrienne Bouthillier. The upper level of the dairy warehouse was used as a chapel for Saint-Pierre-Apôtre parish. By the end of 1940, St-Alexandre dairy (Montreal branches and a large part of the production of the Longueuil dairy) have been sold to the Mount-Royal Dairy and finally, in 1963 the remaining of the Longueuil St-Alexandre Dairy was bought by "Mont-St-Hilaire Dairy".


Butter parchment wrapper - Paul Conner

Butter parchment wrapper - Robert Benoit


Cheese boxe - J. P. Desjardins

1948 Postcard  - Martin Fournier

 


Ad seen on a wall situated 4375 Christophe-Colomb Montreal (2009)
We also can see this ad in Google Streets View 360
Picture taken by Charles Mailloux

Updated 2017-03-18
Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional